Medical English Online Course
Are you a student or teacher of Medical English or English for Health Care? Register now for a FREE account.
MedicalEnglish.com is a self-paced course in English for Medicine. It includes everything you need for self-study or "blended learning" classroom situations.
The subject matter is suitable for University and professional use: including doctors, nurses, dentists, emergency medical staff, physical therapists, and other medical and health care fields.
• Activities - interactive writing, speaking, listening, and
• Classroom tools - easily view and manage students and grades
• Certification - downloadable certificate for students who pass all the units
• Download Section - MP3s and PDFs for offline and classroom usage
• Talking Medical Dictionary - learn to identify and pronounce key vocabulary
• Achievements - students get badges on their profile page when they pass milestones
• World Ranking - students can match their scores against a database of users worldwide
Unit 1: The Human body
Unit 2: Medical Equipment
Unit 3: In the hospital
Unit 4: Diagnosis part 1
Unit 5: Diagnosis part 2
Unit 6: Diseases and Illness
Unit 7: Nursing
Unit 8: Surgery
Unit 9: Mental Health
Unit 10: Dentistry
Unit 11: English for Nursing 1
Unit 12: English for Nursing 2
Unit 13: Anatomy
Unit 14: Routine checkups
Unit 15: At the pharmacy
Unit 16: English for EMT's 1
Unit 17: English for EMT's 2
Unit 18: Elderly Care
Unit 19: Hospital administration
Unit 20: Medical Slang
How does it teach?
MedicalEnglish.com includes a wide range of activities. All you need is a modern web browser and an Internet connection.
What level is the course material?
The course material is geared for advanced beginner to intermediate English speakers. This would be equivalent to levels A2, B1, and B2 levels on The Council of Europe Language Level Scale.